The fire broke out late Sunday evening.
Gwinnett County Fire Department says a fire caused heavy damage to a home at 1964 Carriage Way in Lawrenceville Sunday night. Crews were first called to the home just after 9pm. Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire coming from the roof and around the chimney of the single story house. It took GCFD 30 minutes to get the fire under control. According to Captain Tommy Rutledge, the fire appears to be accidental and may have started with a fire in the fireplace. The residents reportedly had built a fire in the fireplace for warmth. The roof over part of the home was damaged. The three adults and two children living in the home were displaced. The Red Cross was called to assist them.