Here are some highlights of weekend events listed by Explore Gwinnett (Gwinnett Convention and Visitor’s Bureau). For more ideas, click on the Gwinnett Weekends pdf attached to this article.
- Jan. 24-26: Georgia’s “only indoor bike show” has been running since 1992. North Atlanta Trade Center, Norcross. (Friday 3pm-8pm, Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday 10am-5pm, 770-279-9899)
- Jan. 25: In an award-winning one-man show, Patrick Combs tells an amazing-but-true story on what happened after he deposited a $95,000 non-negotiable check in the bank. Buford Community Theatre. (8pm, $10-$25, 770-945-6762)
- Jan. 25: The Aurora Theatre’s Children’s Playhouse presents a family-friendly show. (10 am and 11:30 am, $7)
- Jan. 25: The Lionheart Theatre in Norcross presents the story of a boy growing up during the Great Depression. (7:30pm, Free, 678-938-8518)
- Jan. 26: The Gwinnett Convention Center near Duluth hosts the “South’s Elite Bridal Show,” with everything you need know about planning a wedding — photographers, caterers, florist, entertainment, travel, gowns, formalwear, gift registry and more. (12pm-5pm, $10-$15, 770-813-7500)
- Jan. 25: (Also Jan. 28-31) The third annual exhibit is featured by the Tannery Row Artist Colony. (12 pm-5 pm, Free, 770-904-0572)