Congratulations are in order for the five teachers at Lawrenceville schools who were named semifinalists in the search for Gwinnett County Public Schools' Teacher of the Year.
GCPS announced 25 semifinalists on Wednesday. Fifteen elementary school teachers, five middle school and five high school teachers were received the honor. They were chosen out of an.
The five Lawrenceville honorees are:
- Mike Stanton of -- 4th Grade Teacher
- Nicole Kidwell of Jenkins Elementary-- English to Speakers of Other Languages, Acceleration, and Transition Teacher (Grades 4 and 5) and Instructional Coach (Grades 1, 4-5)
- Brenda Jones of -- Literacy Coach (Grades K-5)
- Dr. Jennifer Jankauskas of Creekland Middle-- Language Arts Teacher (Grade 8)
- Jeff Burmester of -- AP Physics Teacher (Grades 11-12)
The 2012 Gwinnett County Teacher of the Year will be announced in November at an annual banquet.