Gwinnett County detectives have charged a sixth person in the string of armored car and ATM robberies that took place throughout the county and metro Atlanta-- one of which ended with the murder of Gary Castillo, a guard from Lawrenceville.
Desiree Jones, 26, of Grand Manor Trail in Snellville, has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit armed robbery. Jones has not been charged in connection to Castillo's murder.
Jones and Stacey Lamont Dooley, who is from Snellville and one of original suspects arrested, have a child together, police said in a statement.
In addition to charges in the armored car robberies, Jones was also charged in another case with insurance fraud, a felony, and false report of a crime, a misdeamenor. While police conducted a search warrant in the armored car case, they located a stolen vehicle in Jones’ garage. The vehicle, which belonged to Jones, had been reported stolen to Gwinnett Police in July 2010, according to a press statement from police. In addition, police said Jones received an insurance payout for the theft of the vehicle.
Jones is currently in custody at the .
Here is a list of all the charges that Gwinnett County police have made in the armored car robbery case:
- Stacey Lamont Dooley – three counts of armed robbery, three counts of conspiracy
- Quinton Lamar Booker – three counts of armed robbery, three counts of conspiracy
- Ashley Henderson – three counts of armed robbery, three counts of conspiracy
- Edward Thornton – two counts of armed robbery
- Veronica Bullard – one count of party to the crime of armed robbery
- Desiree Jones – two counts of conspiracy
Additional charges against those arrested so are still being investigated. There were a series of eight armed robberies, which began in fall of 2010, that police are investigating. The three in Gwinnett County were:
- A Bank of America robbery in Buford at the Mall of Georgia on November 11, 2010
- A Wells Fargo in Centerville (Snellville area) on November 29, 2010
- A Mall of Georgia heist, in which an armed guard shot at the suspects, on December 7, 2010.