.

Space Heater May be Cause of Lawrenceville Mobile Home Fire

A family of four was displaced by the early morning fire.

A mobile home was damaged in Lawrenceville early Thursday morning. Gwinnett Fire investigators say a space heater may be to blame.

The flames began at the home at 1376 High Sierra Court at around 4:30am. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found a mattress burning in the master bedroom. Investigators say the fire was started by a space heater being placed too close to the wall and bed.

The three adults and one child living in the home were alerted by a smoke detector and managed to escape the home unharmed. On their way out, someone closed the door to the bedroom, helping to keep the fire to that one room.

"Firefighters credit the smoke alarm with saving the lives those inside and providing them with an early warning and added time to escape," said Gwinnett Fire Captain Tommy Rutledge in a release.

The double wide mobile home suffered smoke damage throughout. 

The Red Cross is now assisting the family.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »