Gwinnett firefighters have responded to house fires in Lawrenceville, Norcross and Lilburn since Sunday morning, according to spokesman Capt. Tommy Rutledge.
No injuries were reported in any of the blazes. In one of the fires, the occupants were awaken by a smoke alarm and escaped unharmed. The family dog also was rescued.
Here’s a look at the reports:
400 block Edwards Court, Lawrenceville
A passerby called police Monday morning to report a house fire started by a pan of grease left on the stove. Firefighters responded at 10 a.m. and had the fire under control by 10:30 a.m.
No one was at home at the time of the fire. The single-story home suffered heavy damage to the structure and the contents inside.
700 block Inland Way, Lilburn
A two-story wooden-frame home was a total loss from a fire that was reported just after 8 a.m. Sunday. Two adult residents were awaken by the smoke alarm and escaped. Fire crews rescued a dog during a primary search of the house.
"The occupants and their pet are safe because of the presence of a working smoke alarm,” Rutledge said via press release. “Every home should be equipped with working smoke alarms on every level and in each of the bedrooms."
Rutledge said the fire appeared to be accidental and may have started on the front porch.
5800 block Dana Drive, Norcross
The resident of a split-level home reported a fire around 10 p.m. Sunday night that was believed to have started near the fireplace area. The home received heavy structural and smoke damage. The occupant escaped unharmed. Firefighters took less than 20 minutes to bring the blaze under control.