A chimney fire was extinguished quickly and resulted in no significant damage at a Lawrenceville-area home Monday evening.
But it served as a reminder of how important it is to make plans in case of a fire, according to a press release from Gwinnett Fire.
The fire on the 1400 block of Laurel Haven Court was put out in 20 minutes and was contained to the chimney, according to the press release. No injuries were reported and the residents were able to stay in the home.
The incident occurred a little past 7 p.m. Monday, March 3.
The press release also added this message:
FIRE SAFETY MESSAGE
Firefighters remind all citizens to install and maintain working smoke alarms on every level of the home and in each of the bedrooms. Develop a home fire escape plan and practice fire drills regularly. Keep a portable fire extinguisher close at hand and provide a collapsible fire escape ladder to use as a secondary means of escape from the second or third floor. For additional information on proper home fire safety practices, please contact the Gwinnett Fire Community Risk Reduction Division at 678.518.4845 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.