instances of mold build-up and uncleanliness resulted in a failing score from
the health department for a Lawrenceville-area restaurant.
Carinos at 1802 North Brown Road scored 66 out of 100 in a May 22 inspection by the Gwinnett County Health Department.
The restaurant, which scored 92 in November, was cited for 15 violations, many which involved unclean surfaces.
Here are some of the inspector’s remarks:
- Mold-like buildup on soft-drink nozzle and in the ice machine
- Mold-like substance around bar dish sink, back hand sink and dish wash area
- Cutting boards unclean with mold-like substance, and in disrepair
- Shelves, counter and under equipment and floor at the bar unclean with dirt, dust and food debris
- Pans stored as clean were unclean with food debris
- Old food splatter in microwave
- Consumer advisory not sufficient for consumption or raw or undercooked foods
- Cold-storage for potentially hazardous food not below 41 degrees in multiple coolers
- In-use utensils used for moist foods not stored in running water of sufficient velocity
- Unwrapped straws at the bar for customer use.
- Some shelves in walk-in cooler were rusted
- Old food debris in salad plate cooler
- Outdoor enclosure for dumpster/compactor not maintained in good repair and/or not clean