The Adoption Specialist position is primarily responsible for preparation and assessment of clients seeking to adopt children either domestically or internationally. Direct services to be provided are adoption home study assessments, counseling and follow-up services for adoption cases. Specific services include doing home studies, providing pre/post adoption education, counseling and occasionally participating in recruitment projects. Position may also lead IMPACT training sessions.
- Complete adoption studies on families seeking to adopt domestic or international children
- Occasionally assist in recruitment activities of the Child & Youth Permanency Department
- Provide post placement services to families
- Complete all paperwork requirements in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with agency procedures
- Offer services in a professional manner which reflects good customer service
- Provide adoption education and counseling to families prior to & following the placement of children in their home
- Accept responsibility for appraisal of work & for professional development
- Participates in agency staff training programs as well as seminars/conferences in te community at large
- Reports to Adoption Program Manager in keeping with agency procedures, needs and casework with clients
BSW, MSW, CP, LMFT or other related field with child welfare experience
Minimum of 2 years experience in foster care or adoption
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
This position works out of their home and must have a designated office space. Visits with families are primarily conducted in the clients' home.
Click here to apply now.