[LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga.] — On Friday, October 25th, preschoolers from the Primrose School of Five Forks enjoyed a special surprise in their school garden, the Primrose Patch. Overnight “magical” pumpkins seeds that they had planted had grown into full sized pumpkins.
This month the students have been exploring seeds and bulbs and learning about the fall season. Here are some great fall books for the entire family to enjoy together:
• "Five Little Pumpkins" illustrated by Dan Yaccarino - Children ages 0-3 will love the classic tale about the adventures of “five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.”
• "Leaf Man" by Louis Ehlert - Children ages 2 and up will enjoy this story about a character created from fall leaves as they follow his adventures and enjoy collage illustrations.
• "The Honest-to-Goodness Truth" by Patricia C. McKissack - Readers ages 3 and up will enjoy this humorous tale of a girl who is determined to tell the truth no matter what.
• "Fletcher and the Falling Leaves" by Julia Rawlinson - Children 3-6 will enjoy this story of a fox who watches his favorite tree turn colors and lose its leaves in the fall.
• "Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden" by George Levenson, Shmuel Thaler - Readers ages 3-8 will love learning how a pumpkin grows from a seed to a vine to a pumpkin in this colorful book.
About Primrose Schools®
Founded in 1982, Primrose Schools is the nation’s leader in providing a premier educational child care experience in more than 260 schools in 17 states. Each Primrose is independently owned and operated by our Franchise Owners. They partner with parents to help children build the right foundation for future learning and life, and offer an environment that helps children have fun while nurturing Active Minds, Healthy Bodies and Happy Hearts®.
The Balanced Learning® system, consistently delivered in all Primrose Schools nationwide, is designed to provide high quality educational experiences to support children’s social-emotional, cognitive, creative and physical development. It is made up of an exclusive standards-based curriculum that enables teachers to help children gain the knowledge and skills that will enable them to move successfully from one level of development to the next as well-rounded individuals. The system also offers developmentally appropriate materials and equipment for all classrooms; multiple forms of assessment; and extensive training for teachers.
Primrose is the first early childhood education organization in the country to receive AdvancED Corporation Systems Accreditation under the new Standards for Quality Early Learning Schools. This accreditation ensures all Primrose schools meet the highest quality standards and shows they are continually improving student learning. Primrose Schools stands behind its commitment to deliver an exceptional early childhood experience with the Primrose Guarantee, a parent’s assurance of complete satisfaction. For more information, visit www.PrimroseSchools.com.