In 2011, a Gwinnett County girl got her arm stuck in a pool's vacuum system.
Here are five tips from Pool Safely to make sure your pool is safe:
- Always have constant supervision around pools and spas.
- Make sure there is a secure fence and gate around pools and spas.
- Add alarms to the pool, door and gate to alert you if someone enters the pool or the pool area.
- Keep pools and spas covered when not in use.
- Make sure pool and spa safety drain covers are installed and in good condition. They are required by law.